Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Pantry in Action: Sausage and Kale Soup

The "Pantry in Action" series shows creative ways of using all the wonderful food we've preserved during the year.   I will include recipes wherever appropriate with links back to the post(s) where a particular ingredient (or ingredients) was canned.

Here's one of my favourite soups!  It's a tweaked version of this recipe from Chatelaine.com and makes use of canned diced tomatoes, canned beef stock and canned chickpeas so it's a great way of using up some of your pantry inventory!


Find my tweaked recipe here!

I usually make a batch of this soup every couple of weeks and portion it out between six 2-cup freezer containers, then freeze it.  On a work morning, I'll grab a container from the freezer on the way out the door and throw it in my bag (sealed inside a freezer bag to protect from leaks if it starts to thaw on the way to work).  It'll sit in my desk until lunch time and it's usually half-thawed by then.  Five minutes in the microwave on high and a hot, tasty, nutritious lunch is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment