Friday, January 8, 2016

Movin' on

Well, I survived a week at Stage 1 of the GAPS Intro diet. Without getting into details, up until yesterday my digestion was really very sluggish and I felt like I was dragging myself around. But, yesterday, suddenly everything started up again and today I actually feel pretty good. My skin hasn't been very itchy at all and I do believe it is actually starting to heal!

And, I must admit for the first time in quite a while, I have been feeling more clear-headed and less "foggy" and with that some of my old energy has come back. So, today, I got busy and cleaned, sorted out and re-organized the basement -- something I have wanted to do for so long now, but it's just felt like such a monumental task I've been putting it off until I had the energy to do it. Well, today was the day and I feel wonderful for having gotten it done!

So, I am inspired by all this wonderful-ness to move on to Stage 2 of the GAPS diet and start getting some solid food into me. As I mentioned earlier, although the soups are tasty, they`re soups and I'm really getting sick of them! I was watching the news on television last night and an ad for Wendy's hamburgers came on. I found myself actually drooling at the TV!

Time to move on.

Stage 2 introduces egg yolks, more green vegetables, such as spinach and kale and solid meat via stews and casseroles. Everything is still boiled in stock -- nothing fried or grilled just yet -- but things like stews and casseroles can be finished in the oven, so a nicely browned, perhaps even crusty top is possible. Just writing about even this is enough to get me salivating!

I am definitely encouraged by these recent developments and I hope the improvements continue.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment